1. The sound of dripping water somewhere in the house elicits the same emotional response as hearing gunshots in your neighbourhood.
2. A dry October weekend in the forecast makes you happy…because it means your weekly leaf-raking won’t be as back-breaking.
3. You find zen in a well-plastered wall.
4. Your annual vacation budget just went to the roofer.
5. You find yourself with front-door envy during your evening walk.
6. You’ll forego a lunch date that’s been planned for two months to wait for the air conditioner repairman.
7. You often wish you had married a handyman…or were related to one.
8. The sight of an ant in your house initiates a National Geographic-worthy scientific study into its origins and potential eradication.
9. A quick trip to the hardware store means 2.5 hours and at least $200.
10. You really don’t mind owing hundreds of thousands of dollars to a bank because…it’s yours!